This article contains affiliate links.
I’ve spent a ridiculous amount of time looking for the best gym mirrors that don’t break the bank. Luckily that means you can now save time because here are the results of all that research.
The best large gym mirrors are from Fab and Glass, their HD mirrors (Amazon) are super high-quality, 6 mm thick tempered, safe, and come in the perfect sizes for a home gym.
Delma glass mirror tiles (Amazon) can create a really effective home gym mirror for surprisingly little money if you can live with some seams between the tiles. This is the choice for people on a tight budget.
Not sure why these two options are the best out there? Start here to find which factors make for a good gym mirror. Or click here to find an answer to all your gym mirror questions. I’ll see you back here soon…
Large and Affordable: Fab And Glass Gym Mirrors
The best home gym mirrors that are still affordable are from Fab and Glass, especially their HD mirror range.
Fab and Glass just make mirrors with the perfect combination of specifications for a home gym that other brands can’t quite match:
- Multiple large sizes
- Durable and impact-resistant tempered glass
- 6 mm (1/4”) thick
- Safety backing
- Comes with mounting hardware
- Super solid packaging for safe shipping
There are mirrors from other brands that match one or more of those features but not all of them for this price.
You can choose from a few appropriate sizes for home or garage gyms: 36” x 60”, 36” x 72”, 48” x 60”, and even 48” x 84”! Pick the largest one from that list that fits your wall and budget. And if that doesn’t fit your needs, they do offer custom sizes as well but that will be more expensive.
They are 6 mm thick, which is thicker than most normal mirrors, and on top of that they are extra hardened and durable because of the tempering process (HD range) so they will survive a pretty decent impact. And if the mirror were to break, the tempered glass and safety backing means you get shards which are a lot less dangerous than with normal mirrors.
The mounting hardware is included so you don’t have to worry about getting the right hardware for the job. The included hardware will have no problems holding these mirrors!
High-Quality, Affordable Home Gym Mirror Tiles:
Need something a bit cheaper but still high-quality? Glass mirror tiles are the way to go.
Delma mirror tiles are the best choice in this category. They are high-quality mirror tiles that are easily mounted onto the wall with the included adhesives.
- Multiple sizes: 14” x 12” is the best choice for budget reasons but also check out the 48” x 24” ones. The latter is more expensive but still much cheaper than full-sized mirrors.
- Very affordable
- You can buy larger amounts for even bigger discounts: The smaller tiles are sold in packs of 4, 8, and 16. The 16 packs will create a full-sized gym mirror. Make 3 rows of 5 mirrors for a total of 36” x 70″ and you’ll have one tile left over in case one breaks.
- High-quality glass for reflections without distortion
- Comes with mounting adhesive: These tiles are mounted with adhesive, not hardware which means; No drilling!
The 16-pack of 14” x 12” tiles gives the best price per square foot. This is the way to go. You’ll get a high-quality gym mirror for very little money.
The larger 48” x 24” mirrors will have fewer gaps but the sizes are a bit weird. 24” is just a bit too narrow for a gym mirror and 48” is too short for almost everyone but the shortest among us.
Keep in mind, these mirror tiles are not tempered. That means they can handle less of an impact than the Fab and Glass mirrors above.
What To Look For In A Gym Mirror?
This is a quick recap of the buying guide which outlines 7 key factors for selecting gym mirrors. Click the link to find more in-depth explanations of why you want these features.
Here are the features an ideal gym mirror should have:
- Size: At least 3’x5′ but ideally 4’x6′ or larger to get a complete view.
- Cost: Depending on your budget. Large mirror sheets are better but cost more.
- Thickness: At least 5 mm thick for impact resistance, durability, and longevity.
- Safety: Ideally you want the mirrors to be made from tempered glass and have a safety backing.
- Type and material: Frameless mirrors are best for gyms, and tempered glass where possible.
- Reflective Quality: The mirror should reflect a realistic image. Warped or distorted reflections defeat the purpose of a gym mirror.
- Aesthetics: Mirrors can impact dramatically how your gym looks. Larger mirrors make your workout room look more spacious and brighter but cost more.
More Gym Mirror Information
Click any of the links below to find more information about the ideal gym mirror.
Can’t choose a workout mirror? This buying guide leads you through everything so you can choose right.
Which size mirror do you need for your workout room? Start here to find out.
There are different types of mirrors for a home/garage gym. Learn the difference between tempered glass and acrylic gym mirrors.
Not sure what gym mirrors are actually for and if you need one? Start here.
The right mirror is useless in the wrong spot. Find out here where and how to mount them.